Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday, May 1, 1987

Ruth Reid (Grandma) wrote a journal from my perspective during my visit in the Spring of 1987 when I was 14.  Thought Uncle Richard and Aunt Victoria would get a kick out of this :)  I still get a kick out of it every time I read it.  It is pages long, so I will only include what is relevant.  I still remember my visit with "R & V".  Aunt Victoria was the very first vegetarian I had ever met and I thought she was the coolest!  I believe that she may have given me her copy of "A Diet for a Small Planet"?  I just recently purchased "Hope's Edge, The Next Diet for a Small Planet" in honor of my five year anniversary of becoming a vegetarian myself :)  Who knew?  Would love Uncle Richards recipe for those porcupines so that I can come up with a veggie version :):):)
 
Friday, May 1
 
We had a good time at Richard & Victoria's house and saw their cats.  Richard made "Porcupines" and backed potatoes and broccoli and squash; Victoria made herself and omelet.  We ate by candlelight.  The tablecloth was a purple Indian-print spread.  She asked me all about my interests.  Her house is full of romantic fans and paintings and knick-knacks and hanging plants and crocheted chair-covers.  We played a psychological game.  I'll tell you about it when I get home.
 
Fri. May 1 (cont.)
 
Victoria called to say how much she enjoyed meeting Amy and asked if we could meet again on Saturday, maybe all of us go for a walk and then get a pizza.
 
Sat.
 
Met R & V at Pizza Hut and had a great pan pizza - no meat, but thick with cheese and olives, green peppers.  Went to Greenfield Lake and walked about a mile through cypress groves knee-deep in water (cypress knees, not mine) along a board walk, and chatted and laughed.  Sat for awhile overlooking the lake.  Victoria gave me a present - a koala bear!  I think I'll name him Eucalyptus.


Yahoo! Mail
Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home